This event is for the Introduction to The Wheel of Consent weekend workshop & optional professional development days.
There is also a casual meetup to connect with Matthias on Nov 4th: http://bit.ly/2BrO82V
A ConsentLab evening on Thurs 7th to practice the principles of The Wheel prior to the workshop: http://bit.ly/2nZYLXL
When you engage with another – whether it is a lover, friend or colleague – are you doing what they want you to do, or what they allow you to do?
What is the difference and why does it matter?
We invite you to a 2.5 day workshop on the Wheel of Consent, a powerful tool to improve the quality of your touch and communication, creating clear agreements so you can experience satisfying connection to self and others.
• Waking up sensuality – feeling and following pleasure.
• Making choices – learning how to choose for yourself.
• Understanding the dynamics of giving and receiving and taking them apart.
• Understanding who is doing and who it is for – because they are different.
• Gaining skills of empowerment and communication – noticing, valuing, and trusting desires, having the courage to ask for what you want, and feeling safe enough to receive.
Understanding and embodying the Wheel of Consent can only happen through a somatic experience – you have to feel it in your skin. Therefore, learning the Wheel happens through somatic exercises.
• Learn what ‘receiving’ and ‘giving’ really are – and why knowing the difference is crucial for creating connection and intimacy.
• Find out where you are clear (or not) in receiving and giving.
• Learn the framework of the Wheel of Consent and the four quadrants as a foundation for connection.
• Experience pleasure and sensation in your skin that you can access any time you choose.
• Access parts of yourself that have been hidden away that are ready to be seen, appreciated and healed.
• Gain skills to bring clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying.
• Become exquisitely aware of your desires and limits and how to communicate them.
• Practice giving and receiving and experience each of the four quadrants in your body.
There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but there is no genital touch and clothing stays on in the workshop.
To see a short video on the Wheel of Consent, visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6tcMkRrYM0
Note: these days will be at a different location, near Mullumbimby - address provided with registration.
The workshop is followed by two optional experimental practice days for everybody working hands on with somatic healing, coaching and counselling in a sexual - and non - sexual field.
We are adding two optional experimental practice days onto this workshop for everybody working hands on with somatic healing, coaching and counselling in a sexual - and non - sexual field.
After embodying the Wheel of Consent in the first
2.5 days, we will spend two days playing and experimenting with the learned dynamics and what I have discovered as a practitioner working with clients for 10 years; including one-way touch, two-way touch, no touch and clear communication.
We will find out how to create an intention field with clear agreements and learn how to let clients find what they really want and how to communicate that.
I will show the difference between a treatment and a coaching session, and how I use the dynamics of Somatic Consent in sessions with clients.
This add on days to the wheel workshop is not about bodywork techniques, but instead practice the skills how to let others find receiving, making choices and learning how to ask for it.
This workshop is for anyone who is interested in learning more about themselves and improving the quality of their relationships – personal or professional, with lovers, friends, parents, children or colleagues.
No prior experience necessary. For those who have been exposed to the Wheel, and those who haven’t, there are always new levels of awareness to be found. This is an all-inclusive event -- all genders and sexual orientations welcome.
To learn more please go to www.somaticconsent.com
----------------<< READY TO JOIN ? >>-----------------
This is a non-residential workshop. Please bring your lunch or choose from local cafes. Morning and afternoon nibbles will be provided.
Location: Byron Bay, Australia
Wheel of Consent Workshop:
Friday, November 8th: 6pm - 9pm
Saturday, November 9th: 10am - 10pm
Sunday, November 10th: 10am - 6pm
Empowerment add on days for working with clients:
Monday, November 11th: 10am - 6pm
Tuesday, November 12th: 10am - 6pm
COST in AUD
Wheel of Consent 2,5 day workshop $550 / Early bird $490 / Couple $950
Wheel of Consent + empowerment add on days: $900 / Early bird $800 / Couple $1500
Register here: http://buytickets.at/liberatedlove/283570
*Ticket sales are non-refundable, but you can transfer to a friend if you can't make it.
If you don't have a credit card, please contact Tamara Green our local organiser, for alternative methods of payment.
ABOUT THE FACILITATOR:
Matt is a trained facilitator in Sacred Sexuality and Tantra. He has been on the path of Tantra and self-development for nearly 20 years with different healing modalities of meditation, counseling, bodywork, shamanism, trauma research and neurophysiology from around the world. He has been a student of the Wheel of Consent since 2011 and a practitioner and facilitator of the Wheel since 2013, and was a co-founder of the School of Consent. www.schoolofconsent.org. Matt’s main teachings are a somatic blend of the Polyvagal Theory and the Wheel of Consent for therapeutic touch, healing and pleasure. For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
More about Matt:
If you have any questions about the workshop and what it will entail, please feel free to reach out to email@example.com or our local producer:: Tamara Green - firstname.lastname@example.org